Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day at Johns Studio


Day at John's Studio

When Edgar Degas sculpted Little Dancer, Age Fourteen, he meant to change the way people viewed beauty.
When the sculpture was shown to the public during the 6th Impressionist Exhibition in Paris in 1881, many thought it was ugly, though some understood that Degas was trying to show beauty in truth. Today, the sculpture is loved my many.

In his "MY paper dress" session we tried to brake lighting and photography rules to make his pictures as art and beauty.
I'm glad i participated in this project, even sometimes i went my way in settings and steeped away from initial idea getting different results.
But I should agree with John...you have to know to rules to brake them. Looking forward to next session next week




1 comment:

John LaVere said...

There is no better way to expand your imagination than to have other creative people at your side. I'm glad you had a good time.